New Directions provides professional court mandated alcohol & drug assessments for English speaking individuals outside the U.S. Typical reasons for assessments include:
- Legal charges (within the U.S. or abroad) involving alcohol or drug use - impaired driving/DUI, public intoxication, disorderly conduct, etc.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol or drugs by a minor
- Physician requested assessments
- Self-referred or referred by family member
The assessment determines if a clinical alcohol or drug use disorder exists and whether or not education or treatment is recommended to minimize personal or public risk in the future. All of our evaluators are professional trained and credentialed and use the DSM-5 manual which is the worldwide clinical standard for diagnosing substance use disorders. Once you have completed the assessment your evaluator will place a professional document in your secure account. From here you can view, print or download the document for your own purposes. Court, legal, and medical professionals only see your document if you choose to provide it to them.
FEES FOR AN INTERNATIONAL ALCOHOL & DRUG ASSESSMENT
Weekday standard service - $350.00
(Completed 4-5 business days after interview)
Rush Order ServicesRush order timeframe begins after the clinical interview.Completion same business day: add $225.00Completion next business day: add $150.00Completion in 2-3 business days: add $75.00
The Process to Obtain an International Alcohol & Drug Assessment:
- Register – directly online or call our office - call first if you are placing a rush order
- Complete an online or in-office questionnaire
- Interview – with an evaluator in our office, by webcam or phone* (45-55 min.) Wait to recieve your secure report directly from your online account
- Note: if you need to provide us with important documents from the court you may email, fax, or upload them to your account at any time