Since 2005 New Directions has provided substance use assessments for nurses and professionals who have a board rule violation (or pending) involving use of alcohol or drugs, including but not limited to the following professions:
- Nurses & Physician Assistants
- Pharmacy Techs and Professionals
- Physical & Occupational Therapists
- Athletic Trainers
- Counselors & Social Workers
In many cases, nurses and other professionals seek our assessment proactively before their licensing board requests the assessment. This may be beneficial in that corrective actions can be initiated and or completed before any official hearings or interactions occur with your board, therefore increasing the chances or preserving your professional license and mitigating disciplinary consequences against your license.
If we don't already have a professional relationship established with your professional licensing board we can contact them directly before you begin an assessment with us to assure that our services will be accepted.
All assessment reports are your private health information and are only released to professional boards or authorities when you provide explicit consent for us to do so. This provides you not only strict privacy but the opportunity to review your report for accuracy before it is reviewed by any third parties who may be making significant decisions about your ability to practice in a professional field.
FEES FOR NURSING OR PROFESSIONAL BOARD ASSESSMENT
Weekday standard service - $450.00
(Completed 5 business days after interview)
Rush Order & Weekend Services
Rush order time-frame begins after the clinical interview.
- Completion same business day: add $225.00
- Completion next business day: add $150.00
- Completion in 2-3 business days: add $100.00
- Weekend Service: add $75.00
- Holiday Service: call 1-800-671-8589
- * Rush order fees may vary depending on the amount and type of collateral information that may be required to meet your board requirements.
The Process to Obtain a Nursing or Professional Board Assessment:
- Register online and call us to discuss acceptance by your professional board
- Complete an online or in-office questionnaire
- Interview – with an evaluator in our office, by webcam or phone* (50-75 min.)
- Recieve and review your secure report directly in your online account
Note: Important documents from your board may be uploaded, emailed, or faxed to us at any time.