New Directions provides professional License Reinstatement assessments in-person, online or by phone for individuals in Ohio (our home state) and across the United States. In most cases, state motor vehicle bureaus have a specific set of paperwork that needs to be completed by the professional evaluator. Once you have completed an interview with your evaluator and provided us with your forms, your evaluator will complete your state motor vehicle forms and place those in your secure account so you can easily access them for viewing, printing, and sending to your state motor vehicle bureau.
All of our evaluators have a minimum of a Master’s degree and hold a current state license allowing them to diagnose and treat substance use disorders. Completion of an assessment with us is not a guarantee that your license will be reinstated. In some cases, when it is professionally appropriate your evaluator may make a recommendation for you to complete some education or treatment before being considered for a license reinstatement. Our evaluators can also review any education or treatment you have already completed to determine if you have already complied with your state’s education or treatment requirements.
Not sure about your state? Check out state map.
FEES FOR LICENSE REINSTATEMENT ASSESSMENTS
Weekday standard service - $450.00
(Completed 5 business days after interview)
Rush Order ServicesRush order timeframe begins after the clinical interview.
- Completion same business day: add $225.00
- Completion next business day: add $175.00
- Completion in 2-3 business days: add $100.00
- Weekend services: add $75.00
- Holiday: call 1-800-671-8589 for quote
The Process to Obtain a License Reinstatement
Note: Some assessments may require that your evaluator review paperwork from the court or make a brief telephone contact with a character reference on your behalf
- Register – directly online or call our office
- Complete an online or in-office questionnaire
- Interview – 45-55 min. with an evaluator in our office, webcam or phone
- Email, fax, mail or upload any necessary documents to evaluator
- Review your secure report directly from your online account
Documents you will need to provide to complete a License Reinstatement Assessment:
- Photo ID
- Copy of your current home state motor vehicle history(s) or driver abstract(s)
- include any other state history if licensed elsewhere in the past 5 years
- contact your DMV/BMV, some states available online
Note: You will need to supply (as applicable) the preceding documents before your assessment can be finalized. You may register and complete your interview before submitting these documents but we must receive these documents in order to finalize your assessment report.
- Any paperwork that your state provides you for their license reinstatement process