New Directions provides professional drug and alcohol assessments and evaluations in-person, online or by phone for individuals in 48 States.
For Non-DOT Employees (DOT employees please see DOT Employee Assessment)
Employer required substance abuse assessments apply to situations involving drugs and/or alcohol in the workplace and are appropriate in the following circumstances:
- Violation of a workplace policy or rule regarding drugs or alcohol
- A positive alcohol or drug test while on duty
- After a workplace accident & subsequent positive drug or alcohol test
A key aspect of most employer required substance abuse assessments is a recommendation from the evaluator about the appropriateness of the employee returning to normal work duties. New Directions assesses for work risk level and makes specific recommendations about appropriate return to work conditions (time-frame, etc.) After you have completed your assessment your evaluator will place a professional report in your secure account, which you can view, print or download for your own purposes. Employers only see your document if and when you choose to provide it to them.
If you are an employee under DOT rules and regulations please see the DOT SAP Assessment page. You will need to meet with an evaluator in-person in order for your assessment to be acceptable under federal guidelines.
FEES FOR EMPLOYER REQUIRED DRUG & ALCOHOL ASSESSMENT
Weekday standard service - $350.00
(Completed 4-5 business days after interview)
Rush Order Services
- Completion same business day: add $225.00
- Completion next business day: add $150.00
- Completion in 2-3 business days: add $75.00
The process to obtain an Employee Required Drug & Alcohol Assessment
- Register – directly online or call our office
- Complete an online or in-office questionnaire
- Interview – with an evaluator in our office, webcam or phone (45-55 min.)
- Email, fax, mail or upload any necessary documents to the evaluator
- Access your secure report directly from your online account
Note: * Required physical drug tests can be completed at our office or in a lab local to you.
** Some assessments may require that your evaluator make brief telephone contact with a witness on your behalf
Documents you will need to provide
- Photo ID
- Copy of any employer instructions or paperwork needing completed for the employer
- Copy of your positive drug test if applicable (if you are unsure speak to your evaluator)
Note: You will need to supply (as applicable) the preceding documents before your assessment can be finalized. You may register and complete your interview before submitting these documents but we must receive these documents in order to complete your assessment.