There are typically three reasons for a court to order you to undergo a Drug and Alcohol assessment as part of custody proceedings:
- A matter of standard court procedure
- A valid concern about your drug or alcohol use based on some type of evidence
- An unjustified accusation from the opposing party about problem drug or alcohol use
Regardless of the reason, our evaluation procedure starts with a neutral assumption about your use of drugs or alcohol. In a custody case what should matter most is hard evidence about your use of alcohol or drugs. Hard evidence includes such things as previous legal charges or arrests that involved substance use, a history of education or treatment, past counseling or medical consultation regarding your substance use and in some cases eyewitness testimony, social media posts/pics, etc. In most cases the court requires your evaluator to interview third parties or review documentation to verify the facts of the case as known to the court. Our online questionnaire and clinical interview are designed to provide you with an accurate, timely and above all professional report to the court which acknowledges any past or existing problems but also distinguishes between incidental history vs. habitual history, or in some cases no history at all.
Please note that due to the contentious nature of child custody proceedings our Child Custody Assessments are a non-refundable service. You may wish to check with your court representative before you proceed with any assessment related to child custody. Not sure about your state? check our state map.
FEES FOR A CHILD CUSTODY DRUG & ALCOHOL ASSESSMENT (In Person, By Phone or By Webcam)
Weekday standard service - $550.00
(Completed 4-5 business days after interview)
Rush Order Services
Rush order timeframe begins after the clinical interview. Please contact us before ordering a rush order to confirm our availability.
Completion same business day: add $225.00
Completion next business day: add $150.00
Completion in 2-3 business days: add $75.00
The Process to Obtain a Child Custody Alcohol & Drug Assessment:
- Register – directly online or call our office - call first if you are placing a rush order
- Complete an online or in-office questionnaire
- Interview – with an evaluator in our office, by webcam or phone* (45-55 min.)
- Collateral Information - the evaluator usually interviews third parties or documents to verify facts
- Wait to recieve your secure report directly from your online account
Note: if you need to provide us with important documents from the court you may email, fax, or upload them to your account at any time. Due to the contentious nature of child custody proceedings our Child Custody Assessments are a non-refundable service. You may wish to check with your court representative before you proceed with any assessment related to child custody.